Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A little break from misery


I went to bed last night kinda stressed. I was worried about how it would turn out today - the workers demolishing the cabinet in our bedroom (to make space for the new smaller one). They were also taking out the antique closet-cabinet (25 years old !) at the top of the stairs that has a lifetime of family pictures in it - some in albums. And they were to take away Bonnie's bathtub to make way for the new 'non-leaking' one.

They did all that + the garage doors and a few other outdoor things. I was afraid that I would be stressed out (but no, that was yesterday when I had to clean out cabinets and drawers - still not finished). Actually, it was exciting to see those spaces freed up for new cabinetry. Cabinetry that WE helped to design. If we didn't have the entire contents of our closet enveloping (not one but) two bedrooms, I'd say let's keep the extra space in our bedroom and live without a closet. Pat and I walked through the house and enjoyed seeing what's going on (not that we don't see it EVERY SINGLE DAY) but somehow, it was better today.

I rehearsed with the group this morning and although I get all stressed about descants and getting fa la la la's correct, the fact is that I have an incredibly good time at rehearsals. Today we laughed til we almost cried. I've felt good all day because of it. (well, that and the fact that Cecilia cleaned up all the mess the workers made and I never even had to see it). We're giving her a big tip when this is over, or before Christmas whichever comes first, and today - her tip grew in leaps and bounds. Thank God for Cecilia.

No comments: