Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Day



I have so much to be thankful for - not the least of which is the fact that I don't have to go out and shoot my food and drag it home for dinner. I'm glad I was born in 1960 rather than 1660.

Tonight Pat and I went to Nancy & Ken's house for dinner because our home is a construction site. (Turkey stuffed with dust & gravel, anyone?) The dinner was good and I love Nancy.

Some of the things I'm grateful for today:

1. After 3 years of 'plantar faciitis' - first in right heel for one and a half years, then it hopscotched to the left one for the second round of one and a half year pain, (and it is terrible, knife stabbing, unrelentless pain). It is almost gone. It has limited my life in so many ways for so long and I am stunned that it is going. Some days I hardly have any pain. YAY!

2. My kids are together today in LA. That is one of the biggest blessings - that they are together. (even if they do stay up all night)

3. I have so many close friendships and so many family members that I love.

4. I am getting happier as I get older. (is that normal?)

5. My face is healing. The scratch is so small now. (I was shallow and superficial for nothing)

6. The house renovations are really coming along. It's exciting.

7. The team (of 2) that I've hired from New Order Asia to help me organize my home are so organized. I don't feel overwhelmed at all with them here.

8. The fabulous book by Anne Lamott I'm reading. It's so good, it really does take me away when I am stressed about the constant renovations mess.

9. Uncle Buddy is almost healed and is in good health. My dad, Mom and other older folks are doing okay too. My sisters are all happy and content and are in loving, dedicated marriages and are enjoying close relationships with their kids. (that's cool)

10.Never thought I'd ever say anything like this but I feel like God is a loving entity that cares for me deeply. While growing up, I felt that he was a big angry finger pointing at me from the sky. Glad that's over.

11. There's much, much more.

No comments: