Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blisters

Friday 9:10pm
The picture was taken by the guides. I wasn't that high up (yet) but that is the valley I've hiked into every day. Wow, huh?
Dangit, I have terrible blisters - 4 altogether. My right heel is pretty much a blister. :-( I bought some pretty good bandaids and things at Walmart the other night but I didn't get any antibiotic cream. BUT I just remembered that I have a bottle of pure Lavendar oil and it is GREAT for burns and blisters. I just put some on my blisters and I smell great now. I will not walk tomorrow because I can't with such bad blisters. I'll do the gym stuff Saturday & Sunday but I will do the stop sign hike again on Monday. Fingers crossed.

Today was good. Started out with the hike - beautiful. I did the West Canyon hike again. I'm doing it because it's not so hilly which is good for my knees (which are, unfortunately, in a lot of pain right now). The knee that was operated on ain't bad at all - the other one is hurting a lot. I had to walk slow-ish. I managed to walk for 2 hours and burn 700 something calories. I'm starting to see the reality of 'Boot-camp Spa'. I knew it would hurt but I'd hoped it would be just sore muscles. I didn't think of blisters (which, by the way, takes 15 minutes to wrap up all my blisters properly before any walking - what a pain). I did prepare for the knees and have strong anti-inflammatories. I just hope for the best.

After the hike, I iced my knee for 10 minutes then did a Yoga class. It amazes me how much Yoga relieves all pain. Then we had lunch, a talk on Emotional Eating (which I have never done in my life - I don't know why they even brought it up), then we did a Cardio circuit class. I was dreading it (mostly because I didn't want to put my tennis shoes back on over my blisters) BUT it was pretty neat. You start out on a numbered machine - I chose the bike. You do that for 2 minutes real hard, then run to the weight machine with the next number on it. You life weights for 2 minutes, then run back to the next machine (happened to be a treadmill), then weights, then cardio.... etc.... until you've done about 1/2 of the weight machines and all of the cardio machines twice. It was fun. The music was good. The teacher, Sharon is a lot of fun. She jokes around and runs over to you and increases your speed on your machine. (and there's nothing you can do about it)
After this I swam a tiny bit, then got in the hot tub. Then dinner.
I soaked in Epsom salts a little while ago. I hope it relieves my knee pain and the lavendar heals my blisters because I have never wanted to exercise so badly in all my life!


The food continues to be good (though you can imagine what 30 grams of fiber a day is doing to me). The deserts aren't so great and I'm not wild about the breakfasts... but I'll survive.

I did not get a tee shirt because I missed 2 classes on Wednesday (when I died) but I don't care, I'll get one next week.


It is really breathtakingly beautiful here. There are literally tumbleweeds flying around everywhere. That's so fabulous, I'd never seen that before. When I was pregnant with Kevin I called him tumbleweed because he moved around so much. After seeing them in their natural environment, I know I was right.


But I'm rambling. . . . . . good night.

No comments: