Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Duct tape - not just for rednecks

4:57am
Guess what protects your feet from blisters. . . . Yep, good ol duct tape. I don't have blisters yet but have potential blisters so they gave me a little bit of duct tape wrapped around a pencil to use as needed. You just tear off a little and put it directly on the blister. The socks then rub the duct tape but not your skin.....

This bootcamp experience is just what I needed - though I was not happy about being here while hiking yesterday morning in a COLD, windy area. It was hard and Man was I totally exhausted. Partly from jetlag though. I've slept 7 and a half hours last night so I'll be better today. The hike was in Snow Canyon National Park and it's referred to as the 'stop sign hike'. They photographed me at the top and I could not help but kiss the stop sign when I arrived. I'm impressed that I did it cause you KNOW I wanted to turn around. My Polar heart monitor said that I burned 1068 calories just on that hike.....wow. That's a nice little boost. The last mile of it was all uphill. Before that stretch, it had been up and down not just up. It really was my limit but I think it was extra hard because of my chest infection. But the infection is getting better and better. The scenery is indescribable. (I'll have pics later)


I'm very happy I'm here and so far so good. Yesterday after that 4.3 mile stop sign hike, I also did a Yoga class and a kickboxing class. My body is hurting somewhat 'normally'. My knee is feeling great. so happy about that!

They are actually taking pictures of us and will give us a CD at the end of the week with our pics set to music. That's nice.


The food is very good and I cannot even eat all that they give us. It's 1200 calories per day, non dairy and no cafeine. I did bring some Marks & Spencer's tea bags and had 1/4 cup of tea in my room yesteday... not so good without milk. I have no giult about this, I don't plan on giving up coffee/cafeine altogether. After a few days I will most likely not have any more cafeine at all. I want to see if there's a difference. So far, still not hungry.
Yesterday we did a couple of workshops about budgeting calories, learning how to calculate input X output, minus this and that to let us know how much we burn and how fast and all that... It was interesting though it kinda resembled a math class at first.
Today my schedule says I will:
6am - Open gym (I'll lift weights and do the eliptical probably) the list says optional but we know it ain't.
7am - breakfast
8am hike - I'll probably do the stop sign again.

10:30 am - Stretch

11:15am - Pool or Yoga

12:15 - Lunch

1:15 - Cooking demo. The chef is from Wolfgang Puck's - it shows.

1:45 - Open Gym

2:30 - Cardio Circuit (yesterday I accidently did the kickboxing instead of this)

3:30 - Pool

5:00 - Dinner

6:15 - Workshop: Spending your calories Wisely Part 2.

7pm - slither back to my room, take a bath and watch Dr. Phil at 8 :-) then answer e-mails, read, then to sleep by 9:30 latest.

No comments: