Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Group 'B'

I graduated to Group 'B'. A was easier - B has more cardio. Yikes! Can I do more cardio? Evidently I can. Paige, the Program Director, strongly suggested that I can and she was right - but I am tired.
Today I did the Stop Sign hike.... 4.3 miles. I love writing that - still can't believe I can do that! I taped up my blisters SO Good with New skin, 2nd skin, bandaids and duct tape - one blister (out of 4) did not even pop. That is hilarious. I could feel that the blisters were there but they didn't hurt and didn't get worse, in fact they're healing pretty quickly. My new shoes arrived today (my old ones were the reason for the blisters, the backs were worn through and I didn't realize that when I came here)
I wore a knee brace and although it hurt, it wasn't a bad hurt and didn't really slow me down. In fact, I shaved 5 MINUTES off my time from last week's Stop sign hike (of 4.3 miles). Presently, after soaking in Epsom Salts AND icing my knees, I'm pain free. I'm really grateful about this because I was SO worried last night. This morning I prayed when I got up and apparently someone was listening. :-) I know the pain will be back in the morning after my hike but it's not a bad pain and I feel confident that it will go.
Today I:
Hiked from 8 - 10:30 (according to my monitor I burned 980 cals on that walk)
Did Yoga at 11:15
had lunch then lifted weights at 1:45 until 2:30 when I did
Kickboxing (I LOVE hitting stuff it made me feel great)
Then Cardio Circuit..... boy was I tired then but I burned another 800 cals in these 2 classes.
Then dinner at 5:15 and at 6:15 -
Tai Chi! I'd never done it before, it is hard.
Now at 10pm, I'm hitting the sack.
I cannot express how grateful I am for all the support I'm receiving. Thanks so much to everybody. :-)

No comments: