Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tired beyond belief

6:02 am Wednesday
Uh... well, I did the stop sign hike again and it was much harder Tuesday than Monday but I don't feel any sense of failure because last week, back home, I wasn't walking 4.3 miles. :-) Wow. I walked 4.3 miles again.... can I really do that? uh...yeah.
I started the day out a 6am in the gym, then breakfast, then the hike, Then we had yoga again which I needed, lunch, a cooking demo by the Chef. (the food, I kid you not, is delicious here - we had the BEST chili yesterday then chocolate covered strawberries for desert after dinner... and it was real chocolate too). Then we had a cardio circuit class which was so hard I did not like it at all. Really hard. We had 4 cardio stations set up in a room (steps, kickboxing, spin-cycling and the exercise ball). The teacher timed us and we'd work on one of the stations for 4 minutes.... real hard. Then we'd work harder the last minute and when the clock went off we'd run like happy fools to the next station to do it all again. I chose the step first.... I don't like the step. She said she had a surprise for us at the end of class. (I hate teacher surprises) It was a jog around the pool. I was very happy to see that I can run. My knee is really holding up well. :-)
Then we had a pool class. It was cool outside (50 maybe) but the pool's heated. I loved the water but I think the exhaustion of the day was just making my cough worse cause I kept having to stop. I also can't lift my right shoulder because I slept wrong on the plane and it's hurt since...... so after dinner, I had a massage with a woman (Sheila) who really knows what to do with stressed out bodies.
I slept from 10 - 4:30 and got up at 5:45. I'll be heading down to breakfast at 7 but am feeling upbeat right now.
Yesterday on the hike - it was strange that it was so much more difficult than the day before. I insisted on reaching the top though... even though I stopped several times and was a quivering bowl of self pity after about an hour. (thank God I was alone). Then when I reached some of the most difficult part, .6 miles before the finish but still uphill, I ran into a nice young man from the spa who I've become friends with. He's just out of grad school and is here for 3 months to lose weight, get fit and create a better life for himself. He was also exhausted and didn't want to go on. The van pulled up to see if we wanted to go back. He decided to walk with me to the top and I was so happy that I inspired him to keep going. (I don't usually inspire people to keep exercising - I usually inspire them to drink more coffee and stuff like that). Everyone here (except for the lady with the red hair) is inspiring for each other and it's a very caring, positive atmosphere. I felt so good being someone's inspiration. He told me he wouldn't have continued if it hadn't been for me. dah dah dah dada dah da da dah dah.. (the theme from Rocky) Cool.

No comments: