Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Monday, April 6, 2009

7+2 = 9 (cool)

Well, I weighed in this morning and lost 7lbs last week. COOL. That makes a total of 9lbs in 2 weeks, just the type of results I'd hoped for. I'm Skinny! (uh, maybe not.... but I'm better off than before).


I also went to the doc yesterday and he said although I am extremely pitiful, I will be alright. He gave me Celebrex (he actually didn't give me anything... the medicine cost an arm and a leg). My leg is better but I will not do the stop sign hike tomorrow, I plan to do West Canyon which is more flat. I hope I can do the Stop sign hike again next Saturday. fingers crossed.
picture to the left: taken at the artists village
Bonnie may be coming next weekend. That means I'll be doing the stop sign hike with her. :-) I'm looking forward to her coming. It'll be fun to do a Circuit class with her.

Today, being Sunday, there is nothing going on here. Not one class although the gym is open. I had a nice relaxing morning then joined some friends by the pool to eat lunch (Mary from Alaska, Dick & Eunice from Delaware) Very nice folks here. Of course today many people left since lots of folks only come for 1 - 2 weeks. It's a great place to be because the people are not here to show off their new work-out clothes or anything like that. People are very supportive - and it surprises you sometimes. When I hurt my leg Thursday, a woman I didn't even know came up to me and hugged me and said she hoped I'd be better soon. (boy did I love that attention), another woman who I had never spoken to before came up to me and offered me a Celebrex. Wow. What kind folks. this is the view outside the front door of Fitness Ridge


This afternoon I went shopping with another friend here and we saw a lot of beautiful western art. It was in a little adobe village surrounded by cactus and lots of dessert bushes (including tumbleweeds) The western art with its liberal use of turquoise, silver, copper and Indian designs reminded me of daddy a lot. While there I saw a beautiful pink cactus. :-) (I didn't even know God made pink cactus!)I had a decaf, skim latte while there. (contraband) It was good. I decided not to have one with caffeine - I'll wait til I get to L.A. I want Bonnie to make me another cup of her good Italian coffee.
I'm hopeful and positive about this week and the bonus is that I'm hopeful and positive while wearing very loose clothes that I'll probably leave behind when I go. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

See, math can be used in everyday life! Keep the positivity going, Becker.

P5A said...

the plural is cacti.
:)
the stop sign hike sounds really exciting. i can't believe it's so long!
do people ever bring their dogs? it'd be so nice for you to bring zoe.
i've been running twice a week which has felt really good!