Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Thursday, April 16, 2009

BRrrrr...Rrrr.....!

We've had strange weather while I've been here in Ivins, Utah. The 1st week it was SO windy and pretty cool but weather changes quickly here. We've had warm days by the pool and times when you couldn't get your towel fast enough because the air was so cold after getting out of the heated pool.
Today... it snowed while we were hiking. Cool. I hadn't seen snow this year. It's supposed to heat up to 60 tomorrow, 70's he next day and then up to 82 on Sunday - the day I leave.

I did Stop Sign again on Monday. I worked very hard and shaved off another 5 minutes. (why always 5... never 6 or 4?) Yesterday I had a migraine, so slept through 2 classes but it went away last night - Thank God. This morning I did West Canyon again but by the return portion of the hike, my knee pain was almost unbearable. I'm used to that and hope it won't always be the case. Tomorrow I will not hike, I will ride the bike and do the eliptical. Friday I will do Stop Sign for the last time - knees willing. Saturday morning, me and my friends will go to Bryce Canyon and will leave early so we will forgo the Stop Sign hike. I'll time myself on Friday... but really, it doesn't matter if I do or don't do Stop Sign... it's still 500 X more than I was doing in HK.

I have become much more fit and am able to do things I really hadn't thought of. Last week we were doing a class on Cardio machines - I chose the Bike. Usually I don't go over level 4 but I noticed the woman beside me... same size and similar age... was doing level 12. Hmph.... By the middle of that class I was on level 12 and by the end, I was on level 15. (by golly). I'm also pushing the eliptical up to level 8. I was only doing level 1 when I got here. I'm also burning much less calories for the same class now. Stop sign - first day, I burned 1038 cals, now, even though I'm faster by 15 minutes, I burn only about 750-800 cals.... that's life. (that's also 800 more calories than I was burning while watching Oprah in Hong Kong)
Gotta prepare for 2 more full days of exercise. .. . . . . .
Good night! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Becky! You have powerful mojo...bring snow to the desert many times. Also, you rule with math! So many numbers! When you come home? I need to hike in your neck of the Honker woods.xxoo

P5A said...

Enjoy the weather while you still can. HK is transitioning into pre-summer.
So is exercising w/ me gonna be part of the routine when you come back? I've been running twice a week! (which is nothing compared to you but it keeps the heart pumping) We're gonna leave dad behind!