Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Monday, April 13, 2009

A very nice weekend


I had a great weekend with Miss Bonnie who came up Friday night. She was a fun little ray of sunshine. :-) She loved the food and thinks the spa is beautiful. I've been here for 3 weeks already so I'm a little tired of it but she kind of renewed me. Thanks Bonnie. (rrr)
Saturday we did the stop sign hike together. (my knees held up, my blisters are healed-ish) I shaved another 5 minutes off my time and she barely got her heart rate up. It was great fun doing that hike with her.
Saturday night we went to a movie. Sunday we went to Zion National Park.... wow! Beautiful! Breathtaking.... awesome... and windy. We went with my friends from Fitness Ridge, Mary, from Alaska and Natalie who lives in Africa. We had a ball. Natalie is pictured below w/ me and Bonnie.I lost 1 pound this past week. I thought it would be more but I'm happy with the total of 10 pounds. (every week is a new math test). I feel great. Every day this past week I walked at least 3 miles a day and exercised all day. No matter what amount of weight I lose while I'm here, the fact is I am in a much better state of mind and health than when I arrived. The numbers will come.

I am starting my last week here. My goal is to walk Stop Sign every day. I will deal with it if I can't do that because of knee problems but that is my goal. I also plan to do every class so I can leave with the prized tee-shirt. I'm eyeing the 'C' schedule and will probably do that this week. There are less people in those classes... so... we'll see.

Mine and Bonnie's feet... mine are more shiny as if I have a heavenly (angelic) aura around me - or perhaps super powers.... but it could just be the sun's reflection.

2 comments:

riss said...

Becky - so glad to see you still doing so well:) Wishing I was there hiking with you!!

Becky said...

Hi Marisa! I miss hiking with you too. Let me know when you'll be back so maybe I can come back then too. XO