Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

No tee-shirt. . . but success none-the-less

I left Fitness Ridge Sunday. I'm grateful, smarter, slimmer, prettier, happier, more hopeful, positive... and still not hungry.
I forfeited my flight from Utah to LA because Bonnie was only one and a half hours away in Las Vegas for her boyfriend, Neal's, birthday. I met her down in LV and we drove to her home together. That was a nice drive... made nicer by my i-pod's 5000+ songs being broadcast through her stereo. I dee-jayed 70's classic rock and other stuff. We had standby tickets for the Ellen show on Monday... but didn't really want to stand in line for 4 hours waiting on a seat that probably wouldn't be available... so walked Hudson, Bonnie' boyfriend's dog instead.

My last week at Fitness Ridge was challenging... but still rewarding. I hiked Monday - Wednesday but my knees really hurt a lot so I didn't hike again after that. They still hurt now but are slowly getting better. I grew weary and jaded with the food most of the last week, but it was still good enough. I think it was just time for me to move on. I did most of the classes but didn't do all of them so no tee-shirt. I feel fine about that. Actually there were people in line for their reward of a tee-shirt whom I know didn't do all the classes.... it's an honor system reward. I just can't work that way, it's got to be real or I just feel like a big liar.
I did go to Bryce Canyon on Saturday with 3 friends and will post pics later. Breathtakingly beautiful place.
I was delighted (X3) when I stepped on the scale Sunday morning to find that I'd lost another 6 lbs on the last week. That is 16 lbs total for me. I said when I went there I'd be happy with any weight loss, but 15 lbs would be awesome. 16 is way awesomer.

It's Wednesday morning and I'm returning to Hong Kong tonight around midnight. I'm happy about that - a lot - but I loved being with Little Miss Sunshine - Bonnie. We had fun. We have eaten out a good bit but it's not hard to choose healthy stuff in LA. In addition to walking the dog for an hour and a half on Monday, I also went with her to Rugby practice. While she coached and harassed the team, I walked around the track 10 times. Hmmm... that was 2 and 1/2 miles.
Only 36 hours and I can see Pat and Zoe :-) . . . . . and Kevin on the weekend. Yay.
I plan on keeping this blog and reporting my weight loss as it continues. I like being accountable.
I'll probably update this entry too later but for now.... it's ending so I can get stuff done.

I learned so many things and here are a few that are on my mind.
1. I don't need snacks. I've always eaten snacks a couple of times a day. They were healthy snacks like almonds, olives, string cheese...etc - BUT I wasn't hungry when I ate them, I was bored. Three good meals a day + a fruit or two is enough for me.
2. My body needs and wants exercise every day. I'm going to honor that. I always played around with it before. I planned it, talked about it, bought supplies. . .etc but in reality didn't exercise really hard. I have a plan now (which I will write down later)
3. Really and Truly, no kidding, I am strong and have an athlete inside of me.
4. I really can lose this weight. I can see it now.
5. I need more water than I thought. They tell you at FR to take your weight and half it. That number in oz. is the amount you should drink every day.
6. People want the best for me. I knew that but when you're overweight you think people are kind of snickering at you. Except for a few really shallow people who I wouldn't waste my time with, that's just not the case.
To be continued. . . .

1 comment:

riss said...

It sounds like you did wonderful out there. I'm so glad :)
I'm looking into coming back sometime in late September or early October?