Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Friday, April 3, 2009

T.G.I.F.

A pretty bird in the dessert.





I think I'm starting to get really tired of this place. The brown bedspreads, the housecoat that doesn't fit right, the soy-based deserts.... blech!, the 18% humidity that makes me itch every day. I miss Pat, Zoe, Kevin, milk and English tea. (and Bonnie but we're almost in the same time zone right now).
Wednesday, I was really on a high. I worked so hard and was so grateful that my knees were getting better. I did the hardest classes. Then yesterday, I did a 101 hike that went all over beautiful red sandstone rocks.
The stick in the middle of this picture is my shadow.
I was doing very well and then started getting competitive (in my mind) and twisted my knee real bad when going up another level of rocks. What a disappointment. I had to have help down the mountain and was just bitterly annoyed that after 2 weeks of fighting knees and blisters... and starting to really feel some improvement, I'm back at square one... walking slow upstairs, doing that BORING stationary bike, making sure not to twist my knee. Man oh Man am I tired of that.
*%$#!^ and #$%*&#@

I'm not hiking today. I want my knees to be good for Stop Sign on Monday.
So, I'm feeling sorry for myself again this morning but I'm only gonna allow it until 10:30 when I go to the gym and exercise with my i-pod. (I LOVE Bonnie's playlist from her songs I got last year)

We have had a LOT of psychological training here.... about eating, exercising, budgeting calories, emotional eating.... etc.. One theme that is carried out over all is the fact that you have to stay POSITIVE. They preach it here and they seem to all live it. (It is the basis for everything)
I feel positive because for the first time since I became really overweight, I want to live a better, more active, fun and healthy life. (well, I always WANTED it, just never actually WORKED at it) I don't want to talk about it, I don't want to read about it or watch shows about it.... I just want to get really fit and live better for the rest of my life.
I won't be doing any more red-rock hikes but I'll be doing the other ones and I will beat my time on Monday. (fingers crossed - dammit)





No comments: